Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume attached.
Applications are due by Friday, September 10th.
Hiring An Executive Director
The Block Island Conservancy is seeking a part-time Executive Director. The Block Island Conservancy works to protect the island’s heritage, rural character, and access to its natural resources through sustainable practices and the conservation of land. The organization strives to ensure that Block Island’s expansive protected spaces continue to grow, that these spaces are shared by humans and wildlife, and that the community will work to balance the use of natural resources for the benefit of all.
The Executive Director is responsible for managing the administration, programming, fundraising, and community outreach activities of the organization. The Executive Director reports to the President of the Board and works closely with Board members to achieve the organization’s mission and priorities.
The Board of the Block Island Conservancy is seeking an individual with the following qualifications:
- Track record of achieving results as a self-starter, working both in both independent and collaborative settings
- Background in environmental studies or science, with conservation experience preferred
- Strong communicator, both orally and written
- Experience working in an office setting and managing administrative work
- Experience working with donors and managing fundraising activities, including events, communications, and individual donor meetings
- Experience with community relations and building partnerships
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Knowledge and familiarity with Block Island preferred